- Do not shower in the two hours prior to a waxing service for risk of infection as the pores usually get opened.
- In winter, ‘warm up’ before waxing and in summer ‘cool down’ and remove all perspiration.
- If you have had any dermabrasion treatment you should ideally not wax till the skin settles down.
- Do not wax over an area that has had a Botox injection for at least 72 hours.
- Do not wax if you have protruding varicose veins, diabetes, phlebitis, or any skin irritation
- If you’re pregnant, on oral contraceptives, on hormone replacement therapy or on antibiotics, your skin may turn very sensitive. Do a patch test before going in for waxing.
- Do not expose newly waxed skin to direct sun for at least 24 hours before or after waxing.
- Ideally soaps, perfumes, or makeup should not be applied to the waxed area for at least 12 hours after a waxing service.
- Usually, the staff at the salons use astringent on the waxed areas. This is done in order to close the pores which are opened during the procedure.
Waxing is a pretty safe way to get rid of unwanted body hair if done right. So, do take care of all the above points before you go for your next waxing appointment.
ADORE European Salon and SPA offers a full line of Vancouver waxing services including Brazilian waxing.